Our budget plans were agreed on 20 February 2018. A five year revenue plan of £1.3bn was agreed, as well as a ten year, £294m capital plan.
The budget protects frontline services and sees investment in many areas. This includes:
- £2.1m over three years for new and improved outdoor community spaces
- £0.282m for a community policing team to prevent low level criminal activity and deal with issues such as parking
- £4.8m for a specialist dementia residential facility
- Over £22m investment in roads and bridges over three years, with £79m planned investment over the next 10 years
- £89m to improve the school estate over 10 years
- £11.7m contribution to the £41m Hawick Flood Protection Scheme
- £2m towards the re-opening of Reston Station
- £0.799m to support the regeneration of Eyemouth
- £1m to assist in delivering town centre regeneration
- £2m for road safety works at the A72 Dirtpot Corner in 2018/19
- View the agreed financial plan
- View the news story about our budget
- View the Equality Impact Assessment for our budget.
We have a Corporate Transformation programme in place to support the delivery of our savings.