Social Work complaints

Making a complaint

We want to hear from you if you are dissatisfied with a service or have been refused a service. You have a right, by law, to make a complaint. Your complaint will be dealt with sensitively and in confidence.

Support to make your complaint

You may wish for someone to make the complaint on your behalf. This can be a:

  • friend
  • partner
  • family member
  • representative from an independent organisation

Borders Independent Advocacy Service (BIAS) offer a free, confidential and independent service. They can help you fill in the complaints form, support you to express your point of view or speak on your behalf.

You may also wish to seek help from your Councillor or Member of Parliament.

Making a comment

We aim to provide services to a high standard and are continually reviewing the way in which we work. Your comments, ideas and suggestions for improving services are always welcome.

Please tell us if you are satisfied with a service, knowing what is working well helps to shape future services.

Make a complaint

Social work complaints

Address: Council Headquarters
Newtown St. Boswells

Telephone: 0300 100 1800