Appeal a charge
We operate a charging appeals panel. The panel reviews service user charges and has the authority to hear the appeal on behalf of any person aged 16 or over.
This applies to you if you are in receipt of social care services where:
- a charge has been applied
- there may be special circumstances which may affect your ability to pay
- through organisational or administrative error, it may be unreasonable for you to pay
The panel can waive, reduce or uphold charges.
How to appeal your charges for social work services
- If you are appealing against charges for social work services, you will need to contact your named worker. Please telephone them directly.
- If you do not have a named worker, please contact us on 0300 100 1800 (Option 1).
Payments during the appeals period
During the period of appeal, invoices will continue to be sent. If you pay the invoice and the appeal is upheld, any payments made will be refunded.