Day support services for people with a learning disability
We currently provide a blended model of buildings-based and community-based day support for people with a learning disability.
Individuals are supported to access local services and facilities, while day support service buildings have a range of activities on offer and equipment available to support people's sensory and communication needs. We also offer opportunities in the local community for social integration and inclusion to help meet an individual’s outcomes.
Day support services are provided in each of the five localities across the Scottish Borders.
Those provided by Adult Social Care are based in:
- Berwickshire: Lanark Lodge, Duns
- Cheviot: Rutherford Square, Kelso
- Teviot: Katharine Elliot Centre, Hawick
- Tweeddale: Green Gardens, Peebles
Day support services within the Eildon locality are provided by Cornerstone, an independent provider we have commissioned to deliver the service. This service is in the process of moving to a new location in the locality.
How to get a service
- To help us decide what support may be available to help you and what charges may be applied, we will need you to have an assessment.
- You can find out more by visiting your nearest What Matters Hub or by phoning us on 0300 100 1800 (option one).
You may also be interested in the services provided by our Local Area Co-ordination team.
How much will it cost?
The cost of a service varies depending on your eligibility to receive it. In some cases services may be free. In others, a charge may be applied in line with our eligibility criteria and charging policy.
Already receive a service?
If you have a query about a service you already receive, please speak to your support worker or manager of the service. You can also contact Learning Disability Services.