Mental health officers
Mental Health Officers (MHOs) are trained social workers who provide a statutory service. The law states that we must provide this service 24 hours a day throughout the year.
- MHOs provide support and advice to service users on a range of issues with the aim of promoting their recovery and maintaining their links with the community.
- They work in partnership with a range of agencies and services including community mental health teams and the learning disability service.
- They are accountable to the local authority that employs them but their assessments are independent.
- They are also independent of health service staff.
Contact a mental health officer
- You can speak to a MHO by emailing the mental health social work team or by calling 01896 752111.
- The duty MHO can be contacted on their pager through Bordercare on 01896 752111.
- We aim to respond to emergency calls within 15 minutes of being contacted.