Child protection

It's everyone’s responsibility to protect children.  If you think a child is being harmed or is at risk of harm, it’s important that you tell us so we can help.  Your actions may help us keep a child safe from harm.

If you have any concerns about a child, please tell us.

All children and young people have the right to be protected and to be kept safe from harm caused by others.  Most children within our communities will grow up in a safe and loving environment.

However, some do not.  These children may need extra help from adults to make sure that they are kept safe.

The best way to make sure the child you are concerned about gets the help they need quickly is to phone us. 

You can call us on 01896 662787

Out of office hours (covers all areas)  - Tel: 01896 752111

Emergency contact

If you consider a child or young person is in immediate danger, call the Police on 999 without delay.

Find your local integrated children's services office Read Child Protection procedures