Scottish Milk and Healthy Snack Scheme
Providers of childcare who are registered with the Care Inspectorate as either a Childminder or a Day Care of Children Service, are invited to register with us for the new Scottish Government Milk and Healthy Snack Scheme.
Information on the scheme can be found on the Scottish Government website as well as guidance for local authorities and day care settings.
The scheme is only for children under school age. If you provide out of school care for children of school age only, then you will not be able to register for this scheme
If you are applying to register, please make sure you have read all the Scottish Government information.
As it is not possible to save the registration form as you go along, please make sure that you have the following information available before you start:
- Care Inspectorate registration number
- our new customers only, copy of the most recent bank statements (not required if you already receive regular payments from us such as for funded ELC)
- bank account details, bank name, bank account name, sort code, account number
- anticipated nursery session numbers/attendance from August 2021
- anticipated April 2022 enrolled children
- maximum capacity
- opening dates (how many days will your setting be open to provide childcare in the period 1 August 2021 and 31 July 2022)
Complete the registration form
Once you have completed and submitted the form, you are required to email [email protected], marked 'SMHSS' a copy of:
- your Care Inspectorate Registration Certificate
- for our new customers only, a copy of the most recent bank statement that is no more than three months old, for the account the funding is to be paid into (not required if you already receive regular payments from us such as for funded ELC)
The closing date is 30 June 2021 for the first payment period commencing on 1 August 2021. Once Registered, providers will be sent a form to estimate the number of servings you expect to provide in the first term. For monitoring and payment purposes, records of the number of servings provided must be kept and if required, payments will be adjusted accordingly.
The daily payment rates per eligible child are:
- 22.5p per serving of milk or specified alterative
- 19.9p per serving of healthy snack (fruit or vegetable)
- total: 42.4p per serving