Pre MIR Engagement
We have begun the process of preparing our Local Development Plan 2 by undertaking a range of early public engagement events. These will provide an early opportunity for the public to contribute to the preparation of our Main Issues Report (MIR).
Drop-in sessions and workshops (September and October 2017)
We are holding a series of drop-in and workshop sessions for interested parties to feed into the MIR process. The dates, times and venues are outlined below.
- Thursday 21 September Community Centre, Eyemouth
- Tuesday 26 September Town Hall, Kelso
- Wednesday 27 September Tesco Foyer, Galashiels (Drop-in session) and Transport Interchange, Galashiels (Workshop session)
- Thursday 28 September Burgh Hall, Peebles
- Tuesday 3 October Heritage Hub, Hawick
- Thursday 5 October Council Chamber, Duns
- Tuesday 10 October Pop-up Shop, 1 Tower Street, Selkirk (Drop-in session) and Community Connections, Back Row, Selkirk (Workshop session)
- Thursday 12 October Council Chamber Newtown St Boswells (Workshop only 2pm – 4pm)
Unless otherwise stated the drop-in sessions will run from 2-5pm with workshop sessions being held from 6pm.
Book your workshop place
It is expected that each of the evening workshop sessions will accomodate up to 30 participants and will last about 2 hours. If anyone wishes to attend one of the workshop sessions please confirm this by informing us in advance by e-mail via email@example.com or by letter to:
Scottish Borders Council, Forward Planning Team
Newtown St Boswells
A questionnaire has been produced to to provide you with an early opportunity to input into the publication of the Main Issues Report. We would like your views on what you consider are the main issues in terms of policy and land use within the Scottish Borders. The deadline for completion of the questionnaire is Friday 27th October 2017 and can be returned by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Forward Planning, Council Headquarters, Newtown St Boswells, TD6 0SA.
Place Standard Tool
This tool provides an opportunity for the public to evaluate the quality of a place.
Call for Sites (already undertaken - June to August 2017)
A call for sites was undertaken which invited land owners, developers, agents or any other interested parties to submit proposed sites for consideration.