How to register
You can apply online on at Landlord Registration Scotland. You can also contact the Housing Strategy team for an application form.
Registration requires you to:
- Complete and sign a registration form.
- Pay a fee.
- Reply to all registration related queries you receive.
- Retain your confirmation of approval - this is valid for three years.
- Notify any changes as they occur i.e. change of personal details, sale or purchase of rental properties.
- Renew your registration before the expiry date.
Information you need to register
You will need to provide:
- your name, including any previous names e.g. maiden name
- your address, including details of where you have lived over the past five years
- a list of the addresses of the properties you let
- if you use an agent, you will need to provide the name and address of the agent
- details of any relevant convictions you hold
- a declaration stating that you comply with the legal requirements relating to managing rented property - applications will not be processed until the declaration is completed and signed.
Applications will not be processed until all mandatory information is provided and the declaration is completed and signed.