Scottish Borders Youth Voice is the name we give to activities for young people aged under 25 years to get actively involved in decision-making and youth-led campaigns in the Scottish Borders.
Scottish Borders Youth Voice brings together:
- Youth Voice
- Digital Voice
- Child Rights Group
- Inspire Awards Group
- Members of the UK and Scottish Youth Parliaments
It also supports other youth-led initiatives such as Pupil Voice groups in schools, Pupil representation on the Executive Committee – Education Group, participation of Looked After young people and young people with Additional Support needs.
For more information, please download the Scottish Borders Youth Voice leaflet
What do we do?
Scottish Borders Youth Voice aims to:
- empower young people up to 25 years of age living in the Scottish Borders in decision-making in their local community
- recognise and realise Article 12 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) which states: “A child or young person has the right to be heard in all decision-making processes”
Scottish Borders Youth Voice is an organisation where:
- the voice of young people is valued, heard and understood
- young people are actively encouraged to have an opinion
- young people are supported to help make decisions on issues that affect their lives
Learning and development
Young people involved in Scottish Borders Youth Voice are provided with learning and development opportunities through informal training in decision-making, group work, communication, planning and evaluation. Young people have the opportunity to work towards the achievement of:
All of the learning opportunities provided:
- are delivered within a Youth Work approach
- contribute to the Curriculum for Excellence
- promote awareness of children and young people as rights-holders under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC)