Community transport organisations operate in local areas and tailor the transport services they provide for the needs of the specific communities.
They provide specialist, affordable transport for their members.
Types of transport
- individual transport for older people and less mobile who find it difficult to use bus services
- specialist wheelchair transport
- transport to day centres and social centres
- minibus hires for affiliated clubs and organisations
- group hire of vehicle to affiliated organisations
- provision of cars and drivers under the Social Car scheme for residents meeting certain criteria, generally to meet medical appointments
If you need transport to health or social care services anywhere in the Scottish Borders you can book community transport online.
Alternatively you can contact services in your local area please call:-
Berwickshire Wheels, 55 Newtown St, Duns TD11 3AU, 01361 884652
Gala Wheels, The Bridge, 3 Roxburgh House Court, Galashiels, TD1 3NY, 01896 755370
Teviot Wheels, The Bridge, 1 Veitch’s Close, Jedburgh, TD8 6AY, 01835 863554
Tweed Wheels, The Bridge, School Brae, Peebles, EH45 8AL, 01721 723123
You can also contact the Royal Voluntary Service (RVS) on 01896 754481