Community transport organisations operate in local areas and tailor the transport services they provide for the needs of the specific communities.
They provide specialist, affordable transport for their members.
Types of transport
- individual transport for the elderly and less mobile who find it difficult to use bus services
- specialist wheelchair transport
- transport to day centres and social centres
- minibus hires for affiliated clubs and organisations
- group hire of vehicle to affiliated organisations
- provision of cars and drivers under the Social Car scheme for residents meeting certain criteria, generally to meet medical appointments
If you need transport to health or social care services anywhere in the Scottish Borders you can book community transport online.
Alternatively you can phone the Flow Centre on 0300 456 1985 to book and to check transport availability across all community transport providers. You can also contact the Royal Voluntary Service (RVS) on 01896 754481.