The Borders Railway operates between Tweedbank and Edinburgh Waverley Station.
- this service is operated by ScotRail
- tickets may be purchased online or at ticket machines located at stations (card payments only)
- free parking is available at Tweedbank and Stow stations
- regular bus services operate at Tweedbank rail station for further destinations, see Traveline for more information
Other rail links
There are regular bus rail link services from the central Borders to the East Coast Main Line at Berwick station and the West Coast Main Line at Carlisle station.
- From/to Carlisle on First Scotland East Service X95
- From/to Berwick-upon-Tweed on Perrymans Service 60 or 67
Both stations are staffed, have car parking, and are served by the following train operators:
- Berwick - East Coast Main Line and Cross Country trains
- Carlisle - Virgin Trains, Scotrail and Northern Rail
Timetables for these and other services can be found on Traveline Scotland.
Information on train times and fares for any part of the country are available online from National Rail Enquiries or call 08457 484950. National Rail Enquiries Textphone for customers with hearing impairments 08456 050600.