The Transport Interchange forms the new bus station and business hub for Galashiels, and is a gateway to the Borders from the railway.
Please note, the Transport Interchange no longer accepts conference or meeting bookings.
Facilities in the Transport Interchange include:
- tourist information, bus and train real-time information and a railway ticket machine, with staff based in the building
- showers, changing places toilets and bike lockers to promote cycling and walking
- seating and a cafe, run by local firm Born in the Borders, on the ground floor
- open from 5.45am-11pm. Bus passengers boarding services outwith opening hours will use stance eight directly outside the Transport Interchange
- up to 3k people per day use the Transport Interchange to access trains, buses and use the facilities
Success of the Transport Interchange
Construction of the Transport Interchange