The Transport Interchange forms the new bus station and business hub for Galashiels, and is a gateway to the Borders from the railway.
Please note, the Transport Interchange no longer accepts conference or meeting bookings.
Facilities in the Transport Interchange
- Tourist information, bus and train real-time information and a railway ticket machine, with staff based in the building.
- Showers, Changing places toilets and bike lockers to promote cycling and walking.
- There is also seating and a cafe, run by local firm Born in the Borders, on the ground floor.
- Open over 17 hours each day - 5.45am to 11pm. Bus passengers boarding services outwith opening hours will use stance eight directly outside the Transport Interchange.
- Up to 3,000 people per day use the Transport Interchange to access trains, buses and use the facilities.
Success of the Transport Interchange
Construction of the Transport Interchange