Employability Fund - Stage 3
We are contracted by Skills Development Scotland to deliver this programme through 8 week work experience placements for young people aged 16 and over.
- Aged 16 plus
- Not in education, training or employment
- Committed to working a maximum of 30 hours a week for approximately 8 weeks
How it works
- Match employers with a young person who is interested in gaining work experience in a particular occupational area
- Employers offer a work placement for approximately 8 weeks
- No commitment for the employer to recruit. The young person will have gained valuable employability skills
- The young person will be paid a Young Person's Allowance by Skills Development Scotland for the duration of the placement
- We provide on-going support to the young person in line with the needs of the employer.
- Bring fresh talent, energy and enthusiasm into your organisation
- Help local young people realise their potential
- Employ a workforce that is better matched to the needs of your business, is flexible and forward looking, and has the potential to provide the skills you will require in the future
- Access to funding for training if you agree to take the young person on as a Modern Apprentice at the end of the placement
For further information or application details please contact the Employment Support Service.