What is integration?
Integration of Health and Social Care is the Scottish Government’s legislation-led initiative to have a health and social care partnership for each of the 14 NHS Board Areas in Scotland.
We have been working with NHS Borders and voluntary and independent care partners to put in place simple joint working arrangements with the aim of providing better, more joined up adult health and social care services in the Borders.
Health and Social Care Integration is underpinned by the Public Bodies (Joint Working) (Scotland) Act 2014. The act outlines processes that must be considered and taken forward by Health Boards and Local Authorities in partnership with:
- health and social care professionals
- the third sector
- other key stakeholders
Our strategic plan
Our revised Health and Social Care Partnership's strategic plan 2018-2021 sets out the strategic direction for the Partnership for the next three years. An easy read version is also available.
The focus will be on the following three objectives:
- We will improve the health of the population and reduce the number of hospital admissions
- We will improve the flow of patients into, through and out of hospital
- We will improve the capacity within the community for people who have been in receipt of health and social care services to better manage their own conditions and support those who care for them.
Mainstreaming Report and Equality Outcomes 2016-2020
‘Our mainstreaming report contains our equality outcomes for the period 2016-2020 and details how we will mainstream equality in our working practices’.
Access to information
The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (the Act) requires Scottish public authorities to adopt and maintain a publication scheme. We are under a legal obligation to:
- publish the classes of information that we make routinely available
- tell the public how to access the information we publish and whether information is available free of charge or on payment
Scottish Borders Integration Joint Board (IJB) has adopted the Guide to information produced by the Scottish Information Commissioner.