What is integration?
- Integration of Health and Social Care is the Scottish Government’s legislation led initiative to have a health and social care partnership for each of the 14 NHS Board areas in Scotland.
- The initiative is underpinned by the Public Bodies (Joint Working) (Scotland) Act 2014. The act outlines processes that must be considered and taken forward by health boards and local authorities in partnership with health and social care professionals, the third sector, users, carers and other key stakeholders.
- Since 2014, we have been working with NHS Borders, the Third Sector and independent care partners to put in place joint working arrangements with the aim of providing better, more joined up adult health and social care services in the Borders.
- Our Integration Joint Board (IJB) was established in April 2015 and commissions health and social care services across the Scottish Borders. The Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP) delivers these services on behalf of the IJB in line with the strategic plan for health and social care.
- More information about the IJB and HSCP is also available in our frequently asked questions.
- View our HSCP Integrated Workforce Plan 2022-25
Health and Social Care Strategic Framework 2023-26
The Health and Social Care Strategic Framework 2023-26 is based on what the people of the Scottish Borders have told us matters to them. Our strategic framework sets out how we will transform, commission, and provide health and social care services over the next three years to best support the people of the Borders to live their lives to the full. We also have an Easy Read version available.
Health and Social Care Integration Scheme
The Health and Social Care Integration Scheme Refresh 2022 and appendices can be downloaded from our website.
Annual performance report
The Annual Performance Report 2020-21 is the fifth one produced by the HSCP. It focuses on our performance between April 2020 and March 2021, outlines our priorities for 2021/22 and reflects back on our performance since April 2016. You can download this and previous reports on our website.
The annual accounts for the IJB and HSCP are available on the finance pages of our website.
Access to information
The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (the Act) requires Scottish public authorities to adopt and maintain a publication scheme. We are under a legal obligation to:
- publish the classes of information that we make routinely available
- tell the public how to access the information we publish and whether information is available free of charge or on payment
The IJB has adopted the guide to information produced by the Scottish Information Commissioner. You can find out more about our publication scheme and access to information policies on our website.