Scottish Borders Design Awards
The search is on again for the best designed buildings and developments in the Scottish Borders, with the launch of the Scottish Borders Design Awards 2022.
We organise the scheme to recognise and promote examples of recent good design in the region. The competition was last held in 2018, with the 2020 Awards cancelled due to COVID-19.
Images of the 2018 awards are available online.
- new build - individual building: residential
- new build - individual building: commercial
- placemaking - new developments that contribute to creating a sense of place
- work to existing buildings - including conversions and extensions
Across all four categories we are also seeking exemplars in sustainable design that go above and beyond the standard sustainability measures to positively engage with the climate emergency.
- all types of projects are eligible from small to large scale, urban or rural, domestic or commercial, buildings and developments including public realm, and if appropriate, applications can be considered for more than one category or award
- projects must be within the Scottish Borders area and have been completed in the period between 1 January 2018 and 31 August 2021
- either the owner or the designer can make applications to the awards
- there is no entry fee
- this year, submissions are invited digitally as detailed in the application form
- submissions should be made no later than Monday 13 December 2021
Alternatively, contact us for an application form and privacy notice to be sent to you.