About Doors Open Days
The Scottish Borders is taking part in Doors Open Day 2022, a festival that aims to ensure that Scotland’s built and cultural heritage is accessible to everyone, in person and from your armchair.
Visit the Doors Open Days website for more information.
Call for venues
For 2022, the Doors Open Days festival will take place online and in person at venues throughout the region on 3-4 September.
We will be celebrating what makes the Borders special, both the heritage, culture and places for which the region is famous, and those unusual gems still waiting to be discovered.
This year, we’re holding an open call for site managers, building owners, community groups and heritage/architecture experts to host an event.
The hybrid format means there are plenty of ways to get involved. As examples, you can:
- Open a building for in-person visits.
- Lead a guided walk.
- Host an online or in-person talk.
- Create a new digital resource, such as a video tour, drone footage, new historical research, an interview or provide a slideshow of new and old photos.
The main criteria any event has to meet is to:
- Be of architectural, design, heritage, ancestry, community or cultural interest
- Be free
- Offer something not normally available.
Participants are encouraged, if they wish, to consider how their events may relate to this year’s themes of ‘Stories’, ‘Building Re-Use’ and ‘Cycling’.
If you would like to get involved, please read the privacy notice and fill in the online registration form.
The deadline for registering your venue or event is 31 May 2022.
If you have any queries or for further information, please contact the Heritage & Design Team on firstname.lastname@example.org