Booking outdoor spaces
If you are planning an event and holding this in a public space outdoors, you will have to book this space in advance.
We need a minimum of seven days notice for all bookings.
Our outdoor spaces available for booking
We manage a large amount of outdoor spaces which are available for booking, some of which include:
- Wilton Lodge Park, Hawick
- Cornmill Square, Galashiels
- Town Square, Kelso
- Public Park, Stow
See our full list of outdoor spaces.
Planning your event venue
In order to properly consider your request, we require you to supply a:
- copy of your organisations Public Liability Insurance to a value of £5m
- copy of your event plan, which should include relevant risk assessments, site plans and details of consultations which you have undertaken to ensure that your event is delivered successfully and safely
- COVID-19 risk assessment which takes into account current legislation/guidance
- completed park booking application form
Other things to consider
- parking provision
- public conveniences (onsite or nearby)
Please note that it is your responsibility as the event organiser to ensure that all of the appropriate permissions and licences are obtained (Public Entertainment Licence, etc.) if applicable, in respect of the event. Find out more about licencing guidance
Also be aware that in signing the Civic Space Booking Form you are agreeing to make good, to our satisfaction, any damage caused to the site. Failing this that you will redeem us in full, on receipt of our invoice, for works undertaken to make the site good, to our satisfaction.
How to book
For more information on available spaces or to find out how to book, please email PLACEBookings@scotborders.gov.uk or phone 0300 100 1800.