Exam results advice
Pupils received their exam results on Tuesday 8 August 2023.
If you have signed up and activated your personal account with the SQA, you can choose to receive your results by text and/or email via the MySQA website.
Remember, whatever your results are, you have options. If you have any concerns or queries about your results, there are a number of places offering advice and information.
Phone your school
You should phone your school in the first instance; staff will be on hand to offer support and advice.
Scottish Qualification Authority Scotland (SQA)
For information and guidance on delivering and assessing SQA qualifications during session 2022-23, visit the SQA website.
Skills Development Scotland (SDS)
SDS provides detailed advice and support to help young people and their parents and carers, including information on:
- course vacancies at UK colleges and universities
- confirmation and clearing
- foundation, modern and graduate apprenticeships and jobs
- volunteering or staying on at school.
SDS Results Helpline: 0808 100 8000
The SDS Results Helpline is open as follows. To speak to an expert adviser, phone 0808 100 8000:
- Tuesday 8 and Wednesday 9 August – 8am to 8pm
- Thursday 10 and Friday 11 August – 9am to 5pm
If you'd prefer to speak to someone in person, you can visit an SDS centre to speak to an adviser about your results and next steps. Find your nearest one on the My World of Work website
If you can’t use a phone and need a different way to contact SDS, you can send them a direct message on Facebook. This may help if you:
- are deaf, or have hearing loss
- use British Sign Language (BSL)
- have a speech, language or communication need
- have difficulty using the telephone.
BSL users can also use Contact Scotland BSL. You can use their app to sign with an interpreter who will make the phone call for you or visit their website for more information.
Students can also access Skills Development Scotland's Facebook page which has answers to common problems as well as:
- help on making the best career moves
- practical tools and links to other relevant bodies such as UCAS, SAAS, Young Scot and the SQA.
My World of Work website
There is also a wealth of post-results information on the Skills Development Scotland My World of Work website. It’s packed with advice, information and resources for both young people and their parents and carers.