Report contamination and pollution

Using this form

Use this form to report contamination and pollution.

This includes:

  • Air quality
  • Light pollution
  • Odour complaints
  • Isolated instances of noise
  • excessive noise due to noisy or barking dogs
  • Bonfires and smoke pollution
  • Contaminated land
  • Septic tanks

Noise complaints cannot be made anonymously. Environmental Health Officers need to discuss frequency, duration and level of disturbance and may need to make an assessment from your property.

You can find out what we do with your information on our website (opens in new window).

Have you signed in to your MyScotBorders account?

Sign in (opens in new window) to track the progress of your request.

If you don't have a MyScotBorders account, find out about the benefits of having an account and how to register (opens in new window). 

This form will time out after 20 minutes inactivity.  If you do not have a MyScotBorders account your progress will not be saved and you will need to start the form again.