Following the announcement that Her Majesty's state funeral will take place on Monday 19 September, and that this will be a bank holiday, we can confirm that our services will be closed on that day.
Health and social care provision and other critical services will operate as required.
All our schools and early learning and childcare facilities will be closed.
Public toilets, with the exception of disabled facilities, will be closed.
Bus services operated by ourselves will run as normal, however other services may be affected. Please check individual operator websites for information.
Our out of hours emergency contact number will be in operation - 01896 752111.
Alternative service arrangements
Details of alternative arrangements for kerbside waste and recycling collections are available on our website.
Books of Condolence
Please note that our locations with Books of Condolence will also be closed on the day of the state funeral, therefore the last opportunity to sign these will be as follows. An online Book of Condolence is available on the Royal Family website.
- Coldstream Library Contact Centre – Thursday 15 September
- Council Headquarters, Newtown St Boswells – Friday 16 September
- Duns Library Contact Centre – Friday 16 September
- Eyemouth Library – Friday 16 September
- Galashiels Contact Centre – Friday 16 September
- Hawick Contact Centre – Friday 16 September
- Jedburgh Grammar Campus Library Contact Centre – Saturday 17 September
- Kelso Library Contact Centre – Saturday 17 September
- Newcastleton Primary School – Friday 16 September
- Peebles Contact Centre – Friday 16 September
- West Linton Primary School (during school hours) – Friday 16 September
Details of opening hours are available on our website.
A number of communities and organisations have arranged their own Books of Condolence and are managing these individually.
Events in Edinburgh
Members of the public planning to visit Edinburgh today for the Queen’s cortege journey to Edinburgh Airport are urged to plan ahead and check travel information for updates and advice.