The Chief Executive's department is a multi-disciplinary department that provides a range of services to the public, other parts of the council, other organisations and to councillors.
Services range from:
- Human resources
- Corporate transformation
- Strategy and policy
- Public health (joint service with NHS Borders).
What we can do for you?
- Report suspected benefit fraud
- Find information, papers and minutes for Council meetings
- Find and apply for jobs with us
- Make a complaint
Facts and figures
- The Chief Executives Department has a net budget of approximately £22m and around 292 staff.
- Human Resources supports a workforce of over 5.6k staff.
- Provision of IT services to over 2.5k computer users and 5k school computers across approximately 136 of our offices and facilities
- Administering our local government pension fund (Scottish Borders Council Local Government Pension Scheme), with 15 associated employers and a scheme membership of over 8.8k
- Supported 247 new start businesses through Business Gateway in 2015/16
- 220 new affordable social rented houses delivered 2015/2016
- Over 1k households provided with advice and assistance every year
- 2291 people advised on Social Security and Tax Credits matters in 2013/14
- £8.6m annualised income gains achieved
- 37 Modern Apprenticeships identified since March 2016
- Assisted the development of 35 active Community Resilience Plans in 2015/16
- Helped secure over £2m in national Lottery funding
- Secured “Assisted Area” status for the Borders, additional funding for businesses