Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. To find out more about cookies visit All About Cookies.
- register or sign in to the site
- complete an online form
- make a payment
- change the font and colour settings
- search for books in the library catalogue
- search or comment on planning applications
- and many more
Cookies used on our website
- __cfduid: used by our content delivery network to apply security settings
- CookieControl: used to store you cookie preferences
- TestCookie: used to work out if your browser accepts cookies
- PHPSESSID: used to store the session ID of a user when browsing the site, registering, signing in and filling out forms
- ASP.NET_SessionID: used to store the session ID of a user when viewing maps, using the library catalogue and making payments
- JSESSIONID: used to store the session ID of a user when using the planning and building standards portal and filling out forms
These are necessary for our site to operate. They expire when you close your browser apart from __cfduid which expires after 30 days and CookieControl which expires after 90 days.
Operational cookies for accessibility preferences
- userColourscheme: used to store accessibility preferences
- userFontsize: used to store accessibility preferences
- userFontchoice: used to store accessibility preferences
- userLettersparcing: used to store accessibility preferences
These cookies expire after 1 hour and are necessary to store accessibility preferences.
Usage and analytics cookies
- _ga: used to collect usage information and expires after 2 years
- _gali: used to collection usage information and expires when you close your browser
- _gat-UA-638140-1: used to collect usage information and expires after 1 minute
- _gid: used to collect usage information and expires after 1 day
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit Google Analytics opt out.
Third party cookies
Further information is available from the relevant third party websites: