Child protection training
The Scottish Borders Child Protection Committee (SBCPC) provides a range of free training courses. They are delivered by experienced professionals working in the child protection field.
General public protection briefing
This is a short introductory briefing which is available to all groups and organisations in the private, public and third sectors. The aim is to raise awareness of public protection in the Scottish Borders and the resources in place.
Workforce child protection training
The following courses are provided for multi agency professionals working with children, young people and other family members. They are linked to the national framework and require different competences, knowledge and skills based on the nature and extent of your contact (direct or indirect) and whether it is general, specific or intensive.
- eLearning induction for staff (40 minutes)
- essential issues in child protection practice (half day)
- roles and responsibilities in child protection (two hours)
- child sexual exploitation (half day)
- a child's journey through child protection (full day)
- working with difficult, dangerous and evasive families (full day)
You can find out more about the ones that are relevant for you in the Learning and Development Guide for staff and managers available on the SBCPC website.
Bespoke training sessions are also available to meet the specific needs of individuals and groups.
- professional drivers (two hours)
- housing and benefits (three hours)
- sports facilities (two hours)
- licenced premises/hotels (two hours)
- the full calendar of dates and times is available on the SBCPC website
- information is also available by phoning 01835 825108