Child protection training
The Scottish Borders Child Protection Committee (CPC) provides a number of free Child Protection Training Courses. These courses are delivered by experienced professionals working within the child protection field.
The main courses provided are indicated below, however bespoke training sessions are also delivered to meet the specific needs of individuals and groups.
General Public Briefing
The Public Protection Training Sub Group, have prepared a short introductory briefing which is available to all groups and organisations in the private, public and third sectors, to raise awareness of Public Protection in the Scottish Borders and the resources in place.
Workforce Child Protection Training
Child Protection Learning and Development in the Scottish Borders fits with the National Framework. The Framework focuses on workforce groups within the multi-agency workforce, each requiring different competences, knowledge and skills based on the nature and extent of their contact (direct or indirect) with children, young people and other family members (and their consequent roles in relation to child protection).
The workforce groups identified within the Framework are:
- General Contact
- Specific Contact
- Intensive Contact
To find out more about the workforce groups and which one applies to you see the Scottish Borders Child Protection Committee Learning and Development Guide for Staff and Managers.
Workforce Child Protection Training courses currently include:
- eLearning Induction for SBC Staff (40 minutes)
- Essential Issues in Child Protection Practice (half day)
- Roles and Responsibilities in Child Protection (two hours)
- Child Sexual Exploitation (half day)
- A Child's Journey through Child Protection (full-day)
- Working with Difficult, Dangerous and Evasive Families (full-day)
- Professional Drivers (2 Hours)
- Housing and Benefits (3hours)
- Sports Facilities (2 Hours)
- Licenced Premises/Hotels ( 2 Hours)
Learning and Development Opportunities Calendar
To get up to date information on available training courses and how to book see the online calendar. New courses and additional dates are always being arranged.