We aim to help families give their children a good start in their early years.
Services work together to support young children and families from:
- Galashiels area - Tel: 01896 754637
- Selkirk area - Tel: 01750 20476
- Hawick area - Tel: 01450 375147
- Eyemouth area - Tel: 01890 750785 / 750692
The early years centres are based in primary schools.
We provide an open door with year round access, in a safe, relaxing environment.
Drop in for:
People on hand to help
Professionals and members of the local community work in the centres.
We work in partnership with:
- NHS Borders
- the third sector
- the local community
In the future some of the supportive activities will be provided in other localities.
Examples of support:
- early learning and childcare
- family support
- home school link
- health improvement
- financial help in the early years
- family learning
- health visiting
- school nursing
Activities at early years centres
Examples of activities:
- Tesco farm to fork
- Children’s play
- Informal chats
- Breastfeeding support
- Health Visitor appointments
- Activity clubs for families
- Dad’s group