Support we offer
We work closely with representatives from playgroups, childminders, nurseries both local authority and private, out of school care clubs as well as elected council members and members from different local authority departments and the voluntary sector.
We support early years services and parents in a number of ways:
We provide financial support to the following:
- Additional support needs
- Vulnerable out of school clubs
- Vulnerable commissioned playgroups
- Vulnerable non commissioned playgroups and toddler groups
- The start-up grant for new childminders is currently not available.
Further information on Accredited training, and CPD opportunities for the early years workforce in the Scottish Borders.
- Play Borders
- Early Years Scotland (Previously SPPA)
- Scottish Child Minding Association (SCMA)
- Scottish Out of School Care Network (SOSCN)
- Play Scotland
Family information service
Scottish borders family information service provides a wide range of information on services available for families in the Scottish Borders.