Local development plan (proposed)
We have approved our Proposed Local Development Plan (LDP) which is now available for representations to be submitted. The LDP will be available for comment from 2 November 2020 to 25 January 2021. The LDP sets out land use proposals and planning policies which are intended to guide development and inform planning decisions within the Scottish Borders over the next ten years.
Prior to submitting representations make sure to watch our short introductory video which sets out the background, process and how you can get involved.
A more detailed story map provides an overview of the LDP and it includes access to an interactive map which allows the allocated sites within the LDP to be viewed spatially. Alternatively you can go directly to the interactive map.
Please note to view the story map this requires an up to date browser. If you get an error message please update to the latest versions:
Due to many queries received and misunderstandings regarding the Netherbarns proposal, a summary map showing its relationship to Abbotsford House is available to view.
How to get involved
We would encourage you to submit representations on our Citizen Space tool.
Representations in relation to any part of the Proposed LDP can also be made:
- by email: [email protected]
- in writing: Forward Planning, Council Headquarters, Newtown St Boswells, Scottish Borders, TD6 0SA
If you would like to see how we use or process any data you submit, you can download our Privacy Notice.
Strategic Environmental Assessment
A Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) has been prepared which identifies and evaluates any likely significant effects on the environment and any necessary mitigation measures.
Representations in relation to the SEA can be made:
- on our Citizen Space tool
- by email [email protected]
- in writing to Forward Planning, Council Headquarters, Newtown St Boswells, Scottish Borders, TD6 0SA
- you can view our Proposed LDP background documents
- we have created a set of frequently asked questions
- identification of the key policy changes can be viewed on our website
- new sites included within the Proposed LDP can be viewed
If you have any questions relating to the Proposed LDP please phone the Forward Planning Team on 01835 825010.