Community learning and development (CLD) aims to:
- improve life chances for people of all ages, through learning, personal development and active citizenship
- develop stronger, more resilient, supportive, influential and inclusive communities
We provide young people (aged 12-25 years) and adults (aged 16 and over) with skills for learning, life and work.
We use early intervention and prevention approaches to help reduce inequalities in communities.
Learning opportunities for all
Our CLD learning opportunities are delivered through:
- adult learning
- learning community partnerships
- youth learning
CLD benefits you and your community
Learning opportunities are designed with learners to meet individual and community needs and aspirations.
- we work with individuals and groups to develop resilience
- we support learners to use the skills they have learnt to contribute to their community
- we work in partnership with many other organisations and community groups