Sports facility management
Community sport and leisure facilities in the Borders are operated through:
- Live Borders
- Jedburgh Leisure Facilities Trust (JLFT)
- Lauder Community and Leisure Centre
- Berwickshire Recreation Educational Sports Trust (BREST)
Sports development and active schools
You can get involved in a wide range of sport and physical activity, no matter your age or ability.
The Live Borders website contains information on the support available for participation in:
- club development
- volunteering in sport
- performance sport
- after school sport
Outdoor education and adventure sport
Outdoor areas, available across the Borders, provide opportunities for:
- sailing at St Mary's Loch
- paddling (canoeing and kayaking) or various rivers and lochs
- orienteering venues
- cycling on road and off road
- hill walking and countryside walks
Health improvement programmes for physical activity in the Borders are also linked to the physical activity and sport services.
The healthy living network, preventing unhealthy weight and health promotion programmes are managed through the NHS Borders.
Strategy for sports
Please see our sport strategy pages for more information. You can also download the relevant strategy documents.