Free flu vaccinations for staff
All staff working for SBC are being asked to look after their health this winter by having a flu vaccination – available free of charge.
Why should I have the flu vaccination?
By getting the vaccine, you will:
- be less likely to catch flu
- have a lower chance of giving flu to your family, friends and people you work with
- help to keep the flu away from any vulnerable people you come into contact with.
Remember that some vulnerable people with medical conditions are already ill, so getting the flu could make them worse or even be fatal for them.
How do I get a vaccination?
Complete the flu vaccination request form via the link below. The QR code (below and attached) will also take you to the form. Once available, a voucher will be provided for you to get a vaccination from a participating Boots pharmacy.
Vouchers can be requested at Flu Voucher Request
Who is eligible for an SBC Flu Voucher?
Any member of staff who will not be getting a vaccination from the NHS.
Anyone in the following groups should wait to be offered a vaccination by the NHS or their GP:
- Individuals aged 65 years and over
- Individuals aged 18-64 years with ‘at risk’ conditions
- Frontline Health & Social Care Workers
- Individuals ages 50-64 not otherwise eligible through a qualifying health condition or employment
- Nursey, Primary and Secondary School Teachers and Support Staff
Where can I get more information?
If you have any queries, contact the Health and Safety Team:
- 01835 826655
- Skype - Health & Safety Operations Team