The community recycling centre permit is a pay as you tip service, enabling businesses to purchase permit tickets relevant to the waste type and load size they wish to deposit.
All businesses using the permit service with a trailer or large van should use our free online booking form to book a time slot.
- recycling and general waste
- charity disposing of donated household goods
- electrical household clearance
For more information on what is accepted in our permits read our FAQs.
Applying for a permit
We welcome businesses joining our trade permit service which offers flexibility to traders. Before proceeding to the application, please ensure you have:
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) Waste Carriers Licence or Professional Transport and Carrier of Waste Registration details
- Standard Industrial Classification of Economic Activities (SIC) code for business activity
- credit/debit card for payment of permit
- read and understood the terms and conditions
Terms and conditions and FAQs
The permit scheme will enable businesses to access our CRCs to deposit waste.
- for large quantities of garden waste weighbridge facilities are available at Peebles (Eshiels) and Hawick waste transfer stations
- for large quantities of waste to landfill weighbridge facilities are available at Peebles (Eshiels) and Hawick waste transfer stations and Easter Langlee
- Selkirk will only accept a small load size
We also offer a kerbside collection service for commercial waste.