Due to the closure of all Community Recycling Centres, we will also be suspending the sale of Trade Waste Access Permits.
Existing Permit holders will be able to use our Weighbridge facilities at Easter Langlee, Eshiels and Hawick, please contact [email protected] for further information.
Our Community Recycling Centre (CRC) Trade Access Permit has changed
The new permit is a 'Pay as you tip' service, enabling businesses to purchase permit tickets relevant to the waste type and load size they wish to deposit.
Terms and conditions and FAQs
Please read the Trade Waste terms and conditions and Trade Access Permit FAQs before applying:
The permit scheme will enable businesses to access our CRCs to deposit waste.
- For large quantities of garden waste weighbridge facilities are available at Peebles (Eshiels) and Hawick waste transfer stations.
- For large quantities of waste to landfill weighbridge facilities are available at Peebles (Eshiels) and Hawick waste transfer stations and Easter Langlee landfill site.
- Selkirk will only accept a small load size.
We also offer a kerbside collection service for commercial waste.
- Recycling and General Waste
- Charity disposing of donated household goods
- Electrical household clearance
For more information on what is accepted in our permits read the FAQs.
Applying for a permit
Before proceeding to the application please ensure you have:
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) Waste Carriers Licence or Professional Transport and Carrier of Waste Registration details
- Standard Industrial Classification of Economic Activities (SIC) code for business activity
- credit/debit card for payment of permit
- read and understood the terms and conditions, contact Trade Waste on 0300 100 1800 for further information