We asked for your views on the final amendments to the Community Council Scheme (2007) proposed by the Community Council Scheme Review Working Group.
- 130 responses were received
- 28 of these were made via the online questionnaire
- 47 residents petitioned in relation to the proposed establishment of a community council in the Upper Liddesdale and Hermitage area
- the amendment to introduce a maximum term of office for office bearers was rejected
- all other proposed amendments were accepted
- new Community Council areas for Tweedsmuir and Upper Liddesdale and Teviot areas will be established
- the boundary between Newtown and Eildon Community Council and St Boswells Parish Community Council will be amended to include the housing development area identified in the Local Plan in Newtown and Eildon Community Council area.
The revised Scheme came into operation at midnight on 26 June 2014.
Amended Community Council constitutions, boundaries and newly established community councils agreed to be in place by the end of 2014.