Got a question about our services during the severe weather?
Please check the information provided via the links below before you contact us.
Latest update - 2.30pm Tuesday 6 March
The following roads are closed. Updates will provided throughout the day as we get information from our crews.
- C2 West Loch
- B6368 Gilston
- D88/6 Prenderguest, nr Peelwalls (flooding)
- B6461 Whitsomehill crossroads to Fishwick (flooding)
- C98 Longformacus to East Lothian boundary
This list is only updated during periods when the Emergency Bunker is open. For current road information on trunk roads, please visit Traffic Scotland. For local roads information tune in to local radio.
Where road faults have appeared, please report these to our Neighbourhoods Services team.
All schools will be open on Tuesday 6 March.
All today's scheduled collections will be attempted with the exception of the following routes:
- Longformacus and Cranshaws
- Ryslaw, Kames and Greenlaw Moor
- Blyth Bridge, Baddingsgill and Dolphinton
Where a collection has been missed due to the severe weather, excess materials will be collected on the next scheduled collection day.
- Make best use of space in you bins by squashing items as much as possible
- Place excess waste and recycling in bins where possible or present in bags alongside wheeled bins
- Excess recycling can be presented in any colour bag other than black
- All excess general waste should be bagged (black bags ideally but any colour; please do not use Council issue recycling bags for general waste).
Community Recycling Centres (CRCs), waste transfer stations and the landfill site are open again with usual opening times.
Excess waste and recycling, including food, can be taken to CRCs.
More information is available on our Waste Services pages.