Local community councils and individuals who are prepared and able to respond effectively, can deal with local issues, such as:
clearing snow from pathways and community facilities
- placing sandbags and domestic floodgates in risk areas to prevent flooding
- delivering supplies during severe weather if you have a suitable vehicle
- provide hot meals and assistance within community centres and village halls
- activate flood signage in their areas
- provide information to us in an emergency
Check our Resilient Communities map to see if there is an active community resilience group in your area.
Join your local Community Resilience group
If you think you can help or want to find out more, contact
Resilient Communities exercise
Find out more about Resilient Communities and what they do.