- Date: 13th February 2020
- Location: Selkirk, 1 Tower Street (pop up shop)
- Time: 10:00 - 16:00
- Cost: Free
Selkirk residents are invited to a pop-up shop being held by staff from the Health and Social Care Partnership’s local area co-ordination mental health team.
The drop-in is open to anyone in the Selkirk and wider community who would like to find out more about the range of services and resources that are available to support positive mental health, whether that is for themselves or on behalf of someone they are concerned about.
The aim is to help you start a conversation about your own mental health, or that of a friend, colleague or family member - pop in for a cuppa and a chat and see what support might be available.
- The Local Area Co-ordination Mental Health team works with adults aged 18 years and over who have acknowledged mental health difficulties that are affecting their quality of life. They work across the Borders and have bases in Duns, Galashiels, Hawick, Kelso and Peebles.
- Their focus is on supporting people to be a more active part of their local community by, for example, helping people to increase their social connections, making links to community opportunities and services that may be of interest and benefit, identifying opportunities to help people use their skills in the community, building confidence and resilience to help people manage their health condition and supporting people to improve their physical and mental health.
There are also local area co-ordination teams for:
- people with a learning disability
- older adults and anyone with a physical disability or long term condition
To find out more about the drop-in or the local area co-ordination service generally, contact the team on 01896 664155 or at: [email protected]