- Park or Garden
- Wilton Lodge Park, Hawick
- Wilton Lodge Park and Walled Garden, Hawick
The park extends to 43 hectares (107 acres), catering for a wide range of users, from formal sports such as rugby, tennis and football, facilities for which are available for hire, to informal recreation.
Significant ornamental tributes to locally important characters exist, along with a museum housing a wide variety of permanent displays of local themes, natural sciences and militaria, as well as visual art.
The River Teviot bisects the park offering a very interesting feature enjoyed by locals and visitors alike. Tree-lined walks, a waterfall and formal gardens are main features of the park with autumn tree colours a particular highlight.
Bandstand, walled garden, café and modern adventure playpark.
There is a restoration project underway for Wilton Lodge Park which includes the new Elliot Bandstand which hosts performances every Sunday. Other new facilities to be opened include a new walled garden, new cafe and bridge and new play park.
- Opening times
- All year round. Informal recreational facilities available between March and October
- Parking available
- Toilets available
- Yes during cafe opening hours
- Disabled access
- Cafe on site
- Dog friendly
- Children's facilities
- Family facilities
- Staff available
- Local interest/significance
- Regional interest/significance
- National interest/significance
- Other features
- Walled garden, putting, tennis courts, croquet, war memorials, wishing well, museum, nature trail and orienteering course (maps available at Hawick Museum). Putting Green expected to reopen in 2016.
- Additional information
- Some paths may be closed while regeneration project works are carried out
- Take a virtual tour of the new Adventure Play Park
- Nearby walks and trails
- Paths around Hawick
- Find out more about facilities and events
- Social media
- Wilton Lodge Park Facebook page
- Approximate location