Report a dog fouling problem
Address: Council Headquarters Newtown St Boswells Melrose TD6 0SA
Tel: 0300 100 1800
If you are experiencing regular difficulties with people allowing their dogs to foul in your area you can:
- report a dog fouling problem online anonymously or
- call us on 0300 1001800 for advice and assistance.
If you are reporting a dog fouling issue or offender, please assist us in programming our patrols and targeting our resources effectively by telling us:
- location/s and time of fouling
- owner's name and address, if known
- description of the dog, including breed and colour
- your own contact details (anonymous calls accepted also.)
Anyone allowing their dog to foul in any public area and then not picking it up prior to disposal into a suitable bin can be fined up to £40. This can escalate to £60 if not paid. There is the potential for you to end up in court if you don't comply with the law and face a fine of £500.
A team of 7 SB Wardens operate throughout the region; they are further supported by 23 council workers, all of whom have been licensed to issue fines.