We aim to provide a reliable collection service but if your waste and recycling has not been collected on the day shown in your collection calendar and your bin was out at the kerbside by 7am, please report it to us for investigation.
- Report a missed collection online
- or, call us on 0300 100 1800.
If you are reporting a missed collection online:
- You can only report a missed collection from a household, not a business
- You can only report a missed collection from your own address, if you need to report a missed collection on behalf of someone else please call us on 0300 100 1800
- Once we have received your report, we aim to contact you or pick up the missed waste within 5 full working days.
Service standards for waste collection
- Household waste and recycling are collected on alternate weeks, check your collection calendar for your collection days
- All waste should be placed at the kerbside for collection by 7am on your collection day
- Collection times may vary due to operational needs
- If your bin contains material which is not suitable for the type of bin it will not be collected as it will contaminate the whole load. We will normally advise you of this by placing a hanger on the bin
- The lifting equipment on our vehicles has a safety limit which means that excessively heavy bins will not be emptied
Grey lidded household waste bins
- Waste which is outwith your grey lidded household waste bin will not be collected, guidance on how to deal with extra waste is available
- Only one grey lidded household waste bin will be collected per household
- Cold loose ash from coal fires must be bagged before it is put in your bin
Blue lidded recycling bins
- Extra recycling material will be collected, please place it in bags (not black bags) beside your blue lidded recycling bin
- Large cardboard boxes can be flat packed and placed beside your blue lidded recycling bin for collection