Updated 2.30pm Monday 6 December
Support for affected residents
Skips have been located in the following locations for residents to dispose of waste associated with Storm Arwen, for example building waste or trees.
Please do not dispose of any special or hazardous items (e.g. asbestos, chemicals, paint etc), tyres, electrical items or liquids in the skips.
Anyone seeking to dispose of other items not associated with storm damage should use our Community Recycling Centres.
- Duns Primary School – bottom car park
- Eyemouth Gunsgreen Industrial Estate – near the CRC
- Ayton – The Croft car park
- Hutton – layby opposite the church
We understand that all homes in the area have now had their power restored.
Scottish Power Energy Networks (SPEN) is offering additional compensation on top of the statutory payments for those who have been without power. Further details can be found on the SPEN website.
Yellow weather warnings for wind and snow issued
- Wind warning in place 9am to 11.59pm on Tuesday 7 December
- Warning area covers the majority of the Scottish Borders
- Gusts of up to 50mph expected widely inland, with up to 65mph in coastal areas
- Rain and snow also likely
- Be prepared for high winds
- Snow warning in place 11am to 11.59pm on Tuesday 7 December
- Warning area covers central and western areas of the Borders – effectively everywhere west of the A68
- 2 to 5cm of snow is expected to accumulate widely above 200m, with 10 to 20cm likely in some higher areas
- Blizzard conditions and drifting snow likely on higher ground due to wind speeds
- Be prepared for the cold, snow and ice
- Find out about our winter response
Please do not ignore road closed signs. A number of routes remain blocked by trees and in some locations roadside barriers may be damaged
Landowners are asked to ensure that they check trees on their land, particularly where these are adjacent to the public road/footpath network or in areas often accessed by members of the public.
For trunk road information please see Traffic Scotland website
|D64/5||Hardiesmill to Stenmuir||Closed|
|D111/6||Peelwalls to D112/6||Closed|
|C107||Abbey St Bathans - Oateycleuch||Closed until further notice|
|D51/5||Pyatshaw - Bruntaburn Farm||Closed|
|C114||B6438 to Shawbraes Farm||Closed|
Westloch Road, Coldingham
Closed - will likely remain closed for remainder of week
|Off B6438||Whitfield cottages||Closed - will likely remain closed for remainder of week|
|D80/4||Newton Don to Newtonlees C46||Closed|
|C18||Dimpleknowe to B6400||Closed|
|D30/2||Whitmuir Hall A699 to B6453||Closed|
|C12||Wooplaw to Stow||Closed - will likely remain closed for remainder of week|
Teviot and Liddesdale
No reported closures
|D83/2||Elibank||Closed - will likely remain closed for remainder of week at least|