Sailing and canoeing at the Whiteadder
Whiteadder Watersports Centre is a Royal Yachting Association (RYA) training centre located in the Lammermuir hills on the B6355 between Cranshaws and Gifford.
The centre offers a safe, defined sailing area with fairly reliable winds, and is the ideal place to learn to sail as well as for enthusiasts to enjoy.
Spacious changing rooms along with all the equipment needed to sail are provided on our programmed courses.
Sailing courses provided at the centre
- Taster courses for dinghy sailing for individuals and groups
- The RYA Junior Sailing Scheme Stages 1-4 and adult RYA National Dinghy Scheme at Levels 1-3
- Courses take place over the school summer holidays and at weekends from May to August/September (currently closed for 2017)
Canoe and bushcraft journeys at the centre
- Journey around the reservoir in our Canadian canoes
- Stop off along the way to learn more about some basic bushcraft skills such as shelter building and fire lighting
Bookings and enquiries
Before making a booking you must read the terms and conditions.
Alternatively you can enquire and book by calling 0300 100 1800.
All course fees are inclusive of:
- boat hire
- buoyancy aids
Personal boat parking
At the centre we have a dedicated area with slip way so people are able to park their boats all year round. For more details
- contact the sailing team online
- phone 01361 890397 (the centre is only staffed when courses are running)
Get the latest news from Whiteadder Watersports Centre
To keep up to date with what's going on at the centre please visit our Facebook page - don't forget to like us!