How does the fund work?
- We pay the fund directly to employers.
- It applies to new job starts up to 31 March 2022.
- New employees should not start the post until funding is agreed
For a job to be eligible for funding it must:
- be a new role in the organisation, not a vacancy
- offer a minimun of 52 weeks employment
- guarantee a minimum of 25 hours employment each week
- pay national minimum wage or higher
- pay a salary greater than funding received
- have a contract of employment such as (companies who employ a person on a zero hour contract will not be eligible):
- permanent contract
- fixed term contract for 52 weeks or more
- fixed term contract for the duration of the apprenticeship
- by law, employees must receive a written contract of employment within two months of starting (we will need a copy of this, without it no payments can be made)
Who can I employ?
You can employ someone who meets all of the following criteria:
- aged between 16-67 years
- reside within the Scottish Borders
- has the right to live and work in the UK
- falls within one or more of the fund’s eligible groups
What does the fund offer?
The training allowance can be paid for up to two employees, a full time job on:
- minimum wage: 25 hours or above between national minimum wage and real living wage rates for 52 weeks up to £4k or capped at 50% if total salary is below £8k
- real living wage: 25 hours or above at real living wage rates or above for 52 weeks up to £6k
For further information contact NoOneLeftBehind@scotborders.gov.uk