Our emergency out of hours service is available from:
- Monday to Thursday 4.30pm-12midnight
- Friday 4pm-12midnight
- weekends and public holidays 9am-12midnight
- each night there is an emergency service from 12midnight-9am
What help is available?
A wide range of social work services are covered, with the most urgent problems being dealt with first. There is no drop-in facility.
- referrals are usually taken by phone when the issue will be discussed and a course of action decided upon
- if immediate action is required, this will be taken
- if action is needed but not immediately, the information will be passed on to day staff to be dealt with on the next working day. This may involved a visit from one of our teams or referral to another service
The team works in co-operation with other agencies and services such as our Emergency Planning Team, SB Cares, the Police and NHS Borders.