The service is available from:
- Monday to Thursday - 4.30pm to midnight.
- Friday - 4pm to midnight.
- Weekends and public holidays - 9am to midnight.
- Each night there is an emergency service from midnight to 9am
How do you contact the team?
- Referrals are usually taken by phone where we will discuss the problems and decide on a course of action. Whatever action is needed immediately will be taken.
- This may be a discussion after which no immediate steps are taken; it could involve a visit from our staff or perhaps a referral to another service.
A wide range of Social Work services are covered, the most urgent problems being dealt with first. If action is needed but not immediately, the information will be passed on to day staff to be dealt with on the next working day.
The full range of social work services is not available out of hours, and there is no drop-in facility.
The team works in co-operation with other agencies and council services such as The Police, Health services and Border Care.