We wish to ensure that all appointments are made on merit and that we follow best practice. We have a recruitment policy, procedures and guidance, and provide appropriate training to managers.
After the closing date, recruiting managers review all applications. All applicants will be contacted, usually by email to advise whether or not they've been shortlisted, and if interviewed, whether or not they've been successful.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for some of our vacancies, the recruitment process can take up to six weeks.
Pre Employment checks
Prior to starting work the following checks are undertaken:
- confirmation of right to work in the UK
- PVG segistration/standard/enhanced disclosure Check - (PVG/Disclosure posts only)
- pre-Employment Health Check - information will be given on how to contact Fit4Jobs in your recommendation email or letter
- references - two references will be requested one should be your current line manager
- confirmation of qualifications required to meet the essential criteria on the person specification - relevant qualifications will be copied at interview
Right to Work in the UK, all posts
To comply with legislation to ensure that all migrant workers employed by ourselves are eligible to work in the UK, a document check of all prospective employees must be undertaken as part of the pre employment checking process.
Prospective employees are requested to bring with them to interview the required evidence of their right to work in the UK. The recruiting manager/chair of panel must check these documents to protect them against the civil penalty for employing illegal migrant workers.
Original documentation that confirms entitlement to live and work in the UK includes a:
- passport/national identity card showing you are a British Citizen or an EEA or Swiss National
- full British Birth/Adoption Certificate along with an official document containing your name and permanent National Insurance number
- passport or travel document endorsed to show that you are allowed to stay in the UK indefinitely or for a limited period of time and are allowed to work is required
Please note that a short birth certificate and a driving licence are not sufficient to show entitlement to work in the UK.
PVG Registration/Disclosure Scotland, PVG/Disclosure posts only
The PVG Scheme ensures that those who either have regular contact with vulnerable groups through the workplace, or who are otherwise in regulated work, do not have a history of inappropriate behaviour.
It excludes people who are known to be unsuitable, on the basis of past behaviour, from working with children and/or protected adults, and detects those who become unsuitable while in the workplace. Such individuals are now included on the children's list, the adults list or both.