The Borders hosts events all year round, from large-scale international events such as the Melrose 7s and the Borders Book Festival, as well as community and outdoor events such as, the 'Borderer Gaitherin' and Tweedlove.
Advice and guidance
If you are planning an event in the Scottish Borders we can provide assistance, see our eventful guide or contact Economic Development online or call us on 01835 825066.
As every event is different, the pack has been designed to question your planning. It provides contacts for local people and organisations that will be able to guide and advise you on specific topics and check lists to assist with your event planning.
The advice in the Eventful guide is split into six sections covering:
- Event management and development - Strategic Planning, Event Planning and Scheduling, Development and Ideas, Event Management Plan and delivery on the day, Event Planning and marketing.
- Safe and legal - four step approach - Essential arrangements and contacts, Risk assessment and risk management process, Draw up an event plan and useful information, Pre-event checklist and event site inspections.
- Event marketing - compiling copy - Advertising, Publicity material, Publicity explained, Copywriting, Press Release, Clear Print guidelines, CRM and E marketing, Design and Print guide, Scottish Borders Branding, Print Distribution, Proactive PR.
- Event marketing - listings and guides - Listings Guides, Media Contacts, Free Publicity, News coverage.
- Social media marketing - Making the most of Social Media, Targeting your message, Making your website for everyone, Web Site design, Writing for the Web.
- Money - Introduction to Fundraising, Introduction to Sponsorship, Managing your money, Money and Budgets