The Borders hosts events all year round, from large-scale international events such as the Melrose 7s and the Borders Book Festival, as well as community and outdoor events.
When organising an Event you will be responsible for:
- obtaining all relevant licences
- completing all necessary risk assessments
- producing an event plan
- organising removal of all waste and litter generated by the event
- holding adequate public liability insurance
- holding all relevant safety certificates
To support local event organisers a workshop on environmental sustainability at events took place in March 2023. A video of the presentation is available on our YouTube channel.
Advice and guidance
If you are planning an event in the Scottish Borders we can provide assistance:
- complete our form
- phone: 01835 825066