Public Entertainment - Commercial - Licensing information and application forms

Public Entertainment - Commercial
Brief description
A licence is required for the use of premises or facilities for the Council's resolved activities. The types of event or classes of premises which require to be licensed as places of public
entertainment are billiard, snooker and pool halls; circuses, concerts and concert halls; dance or mime performances; dance halls and discotheques; exhibitions; fireworks displays; funfairs; gymnasia; health clubs; ice rinks; laser displays; massage parlours; motor vehicle tracks or courses; paint ball games; pop concerts; raves; saunas; ten-pin bowling and indoor bowling centres; variety or musical shows; and video machine arcades.
License period
3 years; 1 year; Temp (up to 6 weeks)
£716; £241; £106 - Fees cover costs involved in the application process and are non refundable. You should note that after payment, full consideration and processing, your licence may not be granted. The application fee will not be refunded to you even if your licence is not granted.
Download application
Licensing Unit
Council Headquarters, Newtown St Boswells, Melrose TD6 0SA
01835 826662
01835 826693