Report a road fault or problem

This form has 4 pages

Use this form to tell us about faults and problems on public roads including:

  • potholes
  • cracking
  • obstructions
  • broken or sunken manhole or drain covers
  • damaged or missing crash barriers
  • mud on the road

Lighting faults

To report a fault with street lights, illuminated road bollards or signs, pedestrian crossings or permanent traffic lights you should use the street light fault reporting form.

Urgent faults

If this is an urgent fault you should call us on 0300 100 1800

  • Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 8am - 5pm
  • Thursday: 8am - 8pm
  • Saturday: 9am - 12noon

Faults on trunk roads

Transport Scotland are responsible for maintaining trunk roads, these are:

  • A7 south of Galashiels (from Kingsknowes Roundabout)
  • A68
  • A1
  • A702
  • A6091

Faults on these trunk roads should be reported to Amey on 0800 042 0188.