Selkirk conservation area regeneration
Selkirk Conservation Area Regeneration Scheme (CARS) is focused on a range of heritage and conservation based regeneration activities within the town centre over a five year period.
Selkirk CARS is a partnership project developed along with a community based Selkirk CARS Steering Group.
The project will run until March 2018.
The project has an overall budget of just over £1 million, funded by Historic Environment Scotland (£795,000) and ourselves (215,000).
What will the project support?
The Selkirk CARS project will support a range of works and initiatives over a five year period from 2013 to 2018 including:
- Priority Buildings – grants for repairs and restoration
- General Buildings – grants for repairs and restoration
- Heritage learning and participation activities
- Traditional building and repair skills training
- Selkirk Town Centre Public Realm – grant for conservation upgrade work around Market Place
Potential applicants are encouraged to discuss their proposals with the Selkirk CARS project officer before submitting their formal application. Grant eligible works must be undertaken by a suitable experienced building professional and/or building contractor and must be to accepted conservation standards.
How can I apply for a grant?
Complete our application form and questionnaire.
Who can I contact for information?
For further information please contact Selkirk CARS.