Published: Friday, 16th July 2021
The Eildon Area Partnership is keen to hear from local residents who would like to become members of a community led panel responsible for assessing applications to the Eildon Community Fund.
The opportunity has become available as a result of a working group of local residents who proposed an amended process for the Eildon Community Fund whereby the assessment of applications and recommendations would be made by a panel largely made up of members of the local community.
The aim is to ensure that the panel represents the broad, diverse locality of Eildon so applications are welcomed from anyone who is interested.
- applicants should be aged 16 and over, live in the Eildon locality and have an interest in community activity
- relevant training will be provided
- the closing date for applications is 28 July 2021
- more information and an online application form is available on our website
- enquiries can be made to our Communities and Partnership online or by phoning 0300 100 1800
Councillor Robin Tatler, Executive Member for Community Development and Localities
“This opportunity is an exciting and important way for local residents to be involved in the Eildon Community Fund and have their say in what projects and initiatives would best support their local area.
“Applications for these roles are welcomed from across the community. I would encourage people to look at what the Panel needs and respond as soon as they can.”
- the Eildon Community Fund 2021-22 provides support and assistance with the development of community-based projects for voluntary and community groups that are active within their communities
- a total of £45,583.21 is available. Community groups can apply for grants up to the value of £15,000
- applications will be assessed by an assessment panel who will then make funding recommendations to the Eildon Area Partnership
- funding recommendations for 2021-22 will be considered at the Eildon Area Partnership meetings in September, November, January and March
- more information is available in the Area Partnerships section of our website