Published: Tuesday, 23rd June 2020
More waste types are being accepted at Community Recycling Centres from Wednesday 24 June.
Full details are available.
Accepted items from 24 June
- Fluorescent tubes
- Car batteries
- Engine oil
The following items continue to be accepted
- General waste
- Garden waste
- Large household electrical appliances such as fridges, freezers and TVs
- Large domestic appliances such as washing machines and tumble driers
- Small household electrical appliances such as microwaves, hoovers, toasters and kettles
No other items are being accepted at this stage.
What about the remaining temporary restrictions?
- All other temporary restrictions remain in place to ensure the safety of the public and staff and allow access for as many people as possible.
- The public is reminded that one person per vehicle should travel to the site and only one should leave the vehicle to offload waste. The only exception is for heavy items such as washing machines where two people can leave vehicle to offload waste.
- No assistance can be provided by site staff to offload materials due to social distancing guidance.
A maximum of five bin bags of waste are allowed per visit, including a limit of two large general waste/wood/electrical/rubble/car battery items.
- 5 bin bags of waste plus no large items
- 4 bin bags of waste plus one large item
- 3 bin bags of waste plus two large items
Chief Executive Tracey Logan
“We continue to ask residents to follow the temporary restrictions we have in place for the safety of the public and our staff, and thank them for their patience and cooperation throughout this challenging time.”